Donkor E. Stroke in the21stCentury: A Snapshot of the Burden, Epidemiology, and Quality of Life. Stroke Research and Treatment. 2018;2018:1-10.
2. Bamford J, Sandercock P, Dennis M, Warlow C, Burn J. Classification and natural history of clinically identifiable subtypes of cerebral infarction. The Lancet. 1991;337(8756):1521-1526.
3. O’Donnell M, Chin S, Rangarajan S, Investigators I. Global and regional effects of potentially modifiable risk factors associated with acute stroke in 32 countries (INTERSTROKE): a case-control study. The Lancet. 2016;388(10046):761-775.
4. Okayama A, Okuda N, Miura K, Okamura T, Hayakawa T, Akasaka H et al. Dietary sodium-to-potassium ratio as a risk factor for stroke, cardiovascular disease and all-cause mortality in Japan: the NIPPON DATA80 cohort study. BMJ Open. 2016;6(7):e011632.
5. Wang X, Lin X, Ouyang Y, Liu J, Zhao G, Pan A et al. Red and processed meat consumption and mortality: dose–response meta-analysis of prospective cohort studies. Public Health Nutrition. 2015;19(5):893-905.
6. Kratz M, Baars T, Guyenet S. The relationship between high-fat dairy consumption and obesity, cardiovascular, and metabolic disease. European Journal of Nutrition. 2012;52(1):1-24.
7. Rosqvist F, Smedman A, Lindmark-Månsson H, Paulsson M, Petrus P, Straniero S et al. Potential role of milk fat globule membrane in modulating plasma lipoproteins, gene expression, and cholesterol metabolism in humans: a randomized study1. The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 2015;102(1):20-30.
8. Threapleton D, Greenwood D, Evans C, Cleghorn C, Nykjaer C, Woodhead C et al. Dietary Fiber Intake and Risk of First Stroke. Stroke. 2013;44(5):1360-1368.
9. Alexander D, Bylsma L, Vargas A, Cohen S, Doucette A, Mohamed M et al. Dairy consumption and CVD: a systematic review and meta-analysis. British Journal of Nutrition. 2016;115(12):2268-2268.
10. Obarzanek E. The dash (dietary approaches to stop hypertension) diet lowers blood lipids. American Journal of Hypertension. 2000;13(6):S98.
11. Appel L, Sacks F, Carey V, Obarzanek E, Swain J, Miller E et al. Effects of Protein, Monounsaturated Fat, and Carbohydrate Intake on Blood Pressure and Serum Lipids. JAMA. 2005;294(19):2455.
For membership questions and public speaking enquiries, please get in touch