This content is restricted to members.
To view our premium content, sign up for a membership:
- Cardiovascular diseases (CVDs) [Internet]. World Health Organization. 2018. Available from: http://www.who.int/cardiovascular_diseases/en/
- Jones D, Greene J. The Decline and Rise of Coronary Heart Disease: Understanding Public Health Catastrophism. American Journal of Public Health. 2013;103(7):1207-1218.
- Scarborough P, Wickramasinghe K, Bhatnagar P, Rayner M. Trends in coronary heart disease, 1961-2011. London: British Heart Foundation; 2011.
- Scarborough P, Bhatnagar P, Wickramasinghe K, Smolina K, Mitchell C, Rayner M. Coronary heart disease statistics. Department of Public Health, University of Oxford: British Heart Foundation Health Promotion Research Group; 2010.
- Harcombe Z. US dietary guidelines: is saturated fat a nutrient of concern?. British Journal of Sports Medicine. 2018;:bjsports-2018-099420.
- Malhotra A. Saturated fat is not the major issue. BMJ. 2013;347(oct22 1):f6340-f6340.
- Willett W. Nutritional epidemiology. New York [etc.]: Oxford University Press; 2013.
- Montgomery M, Gragnolati M, Burke K, Paredes E. Measuring Living Standards with Proxy Variables. Demography. 2000;37(2):155.
- Li D. Is it really good for you to eat fat as much as you could?. Science China Life Sciences. 2017;61(3):363-364.
- Zhang R, Wang Z, Fei Y, Zhou B, Zheng S, Wang L et al. The Difference in Nutrient Intakes between Chinese and Mediterranean, Japanese and American Diets. Nutrients. 2015;7(6):4661-4688.
- Hooper L, Martin N, Abdelhamid A, Davey Smith G. Reduction in saturated fat intake for cardiovascular disease. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. 2015;.
- Li Y, Hruby A, Bernstein A, Ley S, Wang D, Chiuve S et al. Saturated Fats Compared With Unsaturated Fats and Sources of Carbohydrates in Relation to Risk of Coronary Heart Disease. Journal of the American College of Cardiology. 2015;66(14):1538-1548.
- Nettleton J, Brouwer I, Mensink R, Diekman C, Hornstra G. Fats in Foods: Current Evidence for Dietary Advice. Annals of Nutrition and Metabolism. 2018;72(3):248-254.
- Nordic Council of Ministers. Nordic Nutrition Recommendations 2012. Narayana Press; 2014.
- Mozaffarian D. Dietary and Policy Priorities for Cardiovascular Disease, Diabetes, and Obesity. Circulation. 2016;133(2):187-225.
- Satija A, Yu E, Willett W, Hu F. Understanding Nutritional Epidemiology and Its Role in
Policy. Advances in Nutrition. 2015;6(1):5-18.