Leech R, Worsley A, Timperio A, McNaughton S. Understanding meal patterns: definitions, methodology and impact on nutrient intake and diet quality. Nutrition Research Reviews. 2015;28(1):1-21.
2. Mäkalä J, Kjærnes U, Pipping Ekström M, L’Orange Fürst E, Gronow J, Holm L. Nordic Meals: Methodological Notes on a Comparative Survey. Appetite. 1999;32(1):73-79.
3.Gibney MJ, Wolever TM. Periodicity of eating and human health: present perspective and future directions. Br J Nutr 1997;77(Suppl 1): S3–5.
4. Lopez-Minguez J, Gómez-Abellán P, Garaulet M. Timing of Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner. Effects on Obesity and Metabolic Risk. Nutrients. 2019;11(11):2624.
5. Parsons M, Moffitt T, Gregory A, Goldman-Mellor S, Nolan P, Poulton R et al. Social jetlag, obesity and metabolic disorder: investigation in a cohort study. International Journal of Obesity. 2014;39(5):842-848.
6. Garaulet M, Gómez-Abellán P, Alburquerque-Béjar J, Lee Y, Ordovás J, Scheer F. Timing of food intake predicts weight loss effectiveness. International Journal of Obesity. 2013;37(4):604-611.
7. Wang J, Patterson R, Ang A, Emond J, Shetty N, Arab L. Timing of energy intake during the day is associated with the risk of obesity in adults. Journal of Human Nutrition and Dietetics. 2013;27:255-262.
8. Kahleova H, Lloren J, Mashchak A, Hill M, Fraser G. Meal Frequency and Timing Are Associated with Changes in Body Mass Index in Adventist Health Study 2. The Journal of Nutrition. 2017;(147):1722-8.
9. McHill A, Phillips A, Czeisler C, Keating L, Yee K, Barger L et al. Later circadian timing of food intake is associated with increased body fat. The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 2017;:ajcn161588.
10. McHill A, Czeisler C, Phillips A, Keating L, Barger L, Garaulet M et al. Caloric and Macronutrient Intake Differ with Circadian Phase and between Lean and Overweight Young Adults. Nutrients. 2019;11(3):587.
11. Gill S, Panda S. A Smartphone App Reveals Erratic Diurnal Eating Patterns in Humans that Can Be Modulated for Health Benefits. Cell Metabolism. 2015;22(5):789-798.
For membership questions and public speaking enquiries, please get in touch